Governor Scott Urges Florida Business Owners to be Flexible in Advance of Hurrican Irma
Sept. 8, 2017
As Hurricane Irma approaches Florida, Governor Scott is urging Florida business owners to be understanding when it comes to employees who need to take off work to prepare.
Many people, especially those in the Keys, Miami and over to the West Coast of Florida are evacuating and heading North. This evacuation has effected businesses across Florida as many companies and organizations are effectively ‘closed for business’ over the next few days. The Governor has asked business owners to be patient with employees have needed time to prepare their homes, organize their families or leave town.
Government office, schools and more are closing throughout the state until at least Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
BUSINESS, INDUSTRY, & ECONOMIC STABILIZATION
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and the Division of Emergency Management (DEM) created an event in the Florida Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center (FLVBEOC) for Hurricane Irma and are currently updating with up-to-date storm information, situation reports and resources for the business community. FLVBEOC is available at www.flvbeoc.org.
- The state has activated the Private Sector Hotline at 850-815-4925. The hotline is available for business inquiries about the storm, preparedness information and post-impact information.
- The state is conducting daily Private Sector conference calls to provide situational awareness and to address concerns of private sector partners.
- DEO is continuing to coordinate with CareerSource Florida, local workforce boards, and other public-private partners.
- Major retailers are being contacted to provide the status of emergency supplies.
About Office Furniture 911
Office Furniture 911 offers a complete solution for sourcing, purchasing and delivery of all commercial furniture.